Search This Blog

Friday, May 20, 2011

The 'Green Lantern' Film That Never Made It... Starring Jack Black. WTF!?


We all know that Ryan Reynolds is starring in the upcoming GL movie, but I can't help but react to the fact that comedian Jack Black - yeah, effin' Jack Black - was considered for the role of the intergalactic space cop a couple of years ago. 


I know this is late news (you don't have to tell me) and I apologize because I just happen to read about it a couple of minutes ago. With that said, I've got two words to spit out:

H**y s**t. 

Don't get me wrong, I like Black and some of  his movies like 'School of Rock' and 'Gulliver's Travels' to name a few, but come on...a GL film with him on the lead role? You gotta' be kidding me.


Its almost insulting. What would you expect with Jack Black? Of course, a freaking Jack Black movie! Over-the-top, comedic, wacky and maybe totally-unfaithful to the source material, which would have made Green Lantern the 'worst movie/comic book movie ever made'. Even worse than Haley Berry's very forgettable Catwoman. It would have been a disaster.

From what I've read, Black said that he was going to make crazy stuff and things made out of "green prophylactics" in the film.  Whatt? What kind of green prophylactics is this? Could it be something like... this?

Insane. The fact that WB even considered Jack Black to star in a GL movie is waaaayyyy beyond me. Were they smoking bong at that time? I'll never know.

But I do know this: This movie getting shelved forever is one of the greatest things in life I'll be thankful for. Praise the Comic Book Gods for that.


If you like my post, get free updates via email or RSS.

No comments:

Post a Comment