Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

The Weekend Recap - 05/31/2011

Alright, time for a quick recap of what I've done this weekend.

So what's up?

First, my brother had four free tickets to the screening of Pirates of the Caribbean 4 so we, together with my other siblings went ahead to the cinemas to watch it this past Saturday. Here's a mini-review of the film:

Its never the same without Keira Knightly.

  •  Pirates was overall, a good movie with a couple of good laughs, nice action scenes, some nice titties courtesy of Penelope Cruz and that mermaid whose name I don't know and of course - the awesomeness of Johnny "Jack Sparrow" Depp. 
  • But it was too frickin' long. More than two hours of adventure, pirate sailing and sword slashing, and I can't help but get bored and all sleepy at some parts of the movie. It felt like I was watching "The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Pirates".
  • For a movie that I didn't really understand because of its cheesiness and with an utter nonsense of a plotline that has too many holes in it, it was a passable flick, but the weakest of all the four Pirates films.
  • I wish this would be the last installment though, because its getting tiring already. Johnny Depp can only appear in (and carry) this franchise for so long.

 Read a couple of graphic novels/comic books:
  • Alias by Brian Michael Bendis and Michael Gaydos (review to follow soon)
  • Paying for It by Chester Brown
  • Captain America: Man Out of Time by Mark Waid and Jorge Molina
  • Batman: Gates of Gotham #1  

Watched a lot of History Channel's Pawn Stars... (the most damn entertaining show on cable TV  I swear)

"Are you gonna pawn or are you gonna sell it?"

..and handpicked a DVD from my stash: Season of the Witch starring Nic "Ghost Rider" Cage. 

Witches = Demons.

Though packed with completely lame-ness and so-so special effects, it was actually better than Pirates 4 though its the same predictable storyline. Its kind of like "Pirates Meets The Knights Templar Meets The Exorcism of Emily Rose". Witches has nothing to do with it. Funny how movie titles sometimes don't have any connection to the script/story.

I know you don't really care about these movies or TV shows that I watched, but this is my freaking blog and I will write whatever I want to write. I think you can understand that.

Just kidding. You know I love you guys. Haha. 

That's it for now folks! Hopefully next week I'll be able to do this again with my review of the much-awaited X-Men First Class. 


'Till the next Weekend Recap!


If you like my post, get free updates via email or RSS.

No comments:

Post a Comment