Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Two more of my collectibles..

I've posted what my workstation looks like and all the Superman-related stuff that I have there so I can brag how big of a comic book fan I am.

Here's two more of my so called "collectibles" at home: (sorry for the blurred pictures, I've only got a 2MP camera on my cellphone. Hahaha) 


First there's the pillow. A pillow with the Superman-logo emblazoned on it with the blue and yellow design to get that whole super-feel. I've been longing to get a throw-pillow like this and finally I got one. Yey! I know, I'm a real sappy guy.

Supergirl issue #47 - Pain and Responsibility
Cover art by Joshua Middleton

Then there's a copy of DC Super Heroes from PSICOM Publishing (a local publishing company here in the Philippines) which actually contains three comic book issues in one - 1 of each from Supergirl, Justice League of America, and my favorite out-of-continuity comic books, Superman/Batman.

I was real happy to see the comic book when my girlfriend gave it to me, and I was even more surprised to see that it had the latest issues of Supergirl (from the Superman: New Krypton crossover) and Superman/Batman that I have been following at the time. 

Superman / Batman #60 - "Mash-Up" Part 1
Cover art by Francis Manapul
It had Francis Manapul's cover art on the book - complete with the part 1 of issue #60 titled "Mash-Up",  which was one of the craziest storylines I have ever read. Imagine two superheroes merged into one like this: Hal Jordan (Green Lantern) + Dick Grayson (Nightwing), and then a city called Gothamopolis which is defended by a superhero team called The Justice Titans.  Now Superman and Batman has to figure out what the hell is going on. 

If that's not enough, you've got a bad-ass of a villain whose name is Lex Joker. You get the point. Its a very cool issue.



Here's a snap shot of one page featuring Francis Manapul's ink-and-wash style artwork showing our two heroes with the Justice Titans. 


Beautiful isn't it? I'm a big fan of Francis so even though this book only had part 1 of this crazy-ass storyline, its real special to me mainly because I get to own a comic with his art on it. 

Not to mention that both items came from my girlfriend as a gift. If that wasn't sweet, then I don't know what it is. 

No comments:

Post a Comment